Stephanie Brennan Endowed Scholarship
Stephanie Brennan raised three young boys as a single mother on a ballet teacher’s salary. She found herself counseling her students and friends daily as everyone turned to her for advice and guidance. She knew she could make a difference in the hearts of people in need and so began her education. Stephanie started at Solano Community College, and worked her way through UC Davis for her Bachelor’s Degree. She later graduated with honors from USF with her Masters of Psychology. She used her education to save many young lives as a Social Worker for Child Protective Services, where she helped mothers learn how to love and protect their own children. In honor her memory, her family established this scholarship for single mothers who are starting their education at SCC, and who want to change their lives for the betterment of their children and the world. For more background, visit https://foundation.solano.edu/stephanie-brennan-scholarship/.
To qualify for this scholarship, the student must be a single mother who wants to change her life for the betterment of her children and others. The scholarship recipient must be a full time SCC student (taking a minimum of 12 semester units) in good academic standing with a cumulative college grade point average of 3.0, or an incoming, first time college student with a cumulative high school grade point average of 3.0 or higher. Part time students taking nine (9) semester units or more are eligible if they are working a full time job (35 + hours per week). Also, the recipient must have an unmet financial need; verified by the SCC Financial Aid Office.
- Supplemental Questions
- How will attending college allow you to make a difference in lives of your children and others?
- What volunteer activities have you engaged in to help others or promote a cause?
- Are you a single mother raising children now?
- If you are a single mother raising children now, please share your story.
- Please choose the option below that best describes you.
- The scholarship recipient must have an unmet college financial aid need, verified by the SCC Financial Aid Office. Do you have unmet college financial aid need that can be verified by by the SCC Financial Aid Office?
- To qualify for this scholarship you must upload your Fall semester enrollment summary.
- Show 2 more