Fairy Grandmother Scholarship
The Fairy Grandmother scholarship has been provided by Zack Sperow, a top producing Real Estate agent in Napa Valley/Solano County. He is the grandson of the late Gwen Whipkey. The purpose of the scholarship is to embody a wish that his Grandmother Gwen left for him. Her wish for her grandchildren was to have confidence in yourself, a capacity to love life, to be honest, and to have the desire to serve others around you. This scholarship is about your overall impact on your community and how you serve others. The goal of the scholarship is to enable you to reflect on how far you have come, giving you a little boost for the future and for you to take the world in your hands and do something great with it. Education is an avenue you take on the way to the highway of life. Your worth is in how much positive impact you do for others. What have you done, what will you do and how will this boost get you to where you need to go.
- Supplemental Questions
- Do you have a 2.5 or higher GPA and are you in good academic standing?
- Please provide one or more letters of recommendation describing the overall impact of your service to the community.
- Are you enrolled in 12 units or in 9 units and working part or full time?
- Are you a returning SCC student with 24 or more units at Solano?
- Please provide a one page essay in response to the specific purpose of this scholarship.